Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Marianna Update #22

 Welcome back to the exciting adventures of Marianna

I had paused for summer break, and now that I'm back in California- our email adventures shall once again commence. 

My last update, #21, was sent on March 21st, 2020.. Shortly after my 21st birthday. This was back when I had started quarantine, I was still dating Dan, and we weren't aware of all that would come in the following months. 
But since then, I GRADUATED 3rd year, Dan and I have decided to stay just friends, and I went home to Wisconsin for some of the best adventures ever.

This will be a rather quick update on the going-ons of late, but I'm sure the update emails to come will be chalk full of detailed stories and testimonies ;)

SUMMER HIGHLIGHTS:
  • My dear friends, Ashley and Will Ubert got married!!! Such an honor to be part of their special day :)
  • I lead worship with my Dad and preached at Outfitters Ministries. We also lead worship at Uplink. 
    IF you want to listen to that message click here: https://outfittersministries.com/2020/07/19/intimacy-with-a-holy-loving-god/
  • My family and I vacationed on Madeline Island, and later up north in Minocqua. 
  • Our family dog Kita passed away, living out her 15 years to the fullest. 
  • We started hosting meetings at our house called, Family Nights and have had a variety of friends and new believers come. 
  • Our family grew as we connected more with our neighbors and had a lot of special memories with them this summer!
  • I worked at the Golf Course, Western Lakes as part of the Grounds Crew (one of my FAVORITE jobs!)
  • Met with friends every Sunday and encountered the Lord in incredible ways!!! 
  • Went to Devil's Lake twice and adventures lots with quality people. 

Looking Forward:
What am I doing now?
          WELL, I'm officially settled back into the Tuscany House with my wonderful Housemates. Currently 3/7 are here, Karen and Kathryn, Breah is coming today(!!), and later  Kelly, Kirsten, and Celi. :) 
I will be serving Theresa Dedmon again this year, and am currently looking for a job. I'm rather excited for this year, it's going to break every box of expectation, and I'm sure that we're going to experience things that no one has ever seen before. 

What Am I Reading?
It's my goal to constantly be reading a book and through the bible. 
I am in 2 Chronicles 24 and am reading the book "Love Does" by Bob Goff. I HIGHLY recommend both. 
Love Does is about Bob Goff's life, each chapter is a short story from his CRAZY life and something he learned about the Lord through it. It's been so inspiring to me as of late, and some chapters have honestly brought me to tears- reminding me of the goodness of God and his reckless love for us. 

How Are You?
HEY! How are you? If you are still receiving these emails, I certainly care about you and would love to know some of your highlights, how you have been doing in light of the present circumstances, and what I can pray for you for?

If you no longer want to receive these updates, please just reply: Thank you for your emails, but please take us off your list!

B L E S S I N G

Ephesians 3:16-21
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

What am I learning?
I'm learning how to receive the invitation of this life that God has for us. You are invited to live fully, to be fully engaged, present, and God is so passionately in love with you and created you for SUCH A TIME AS THIS. Sometimes its easy to take a back seat and just let life happen, but you were called to this moment. You were called to fully live and God will equip you for every moment. Call out to him and he will come, seek him with all your heart and you will find him. 

His Beloved, 
Marianna Mckenzie Glatzel

No comments:

Post a Comment